Incident Command Rooms
With Incident Command rooms, agencies can create open rooms that allow users from other responding agencies, to access collaboration and coordination spaces in real-time. Within IC rooms agencies can set access criteria by state(s), radius, and agency type (police, fire, EMS, etc). To know how to create one, see the steps below:
- Click the “+” next to Team Rooms.
- Select “Create a New Room” in the top right of the Join a Room menu.
- Fill in the new room description, as usual- then second to bottom, turn on the toggle for “Make Incident Command”.
- Make sure to go to the room settings, to click on the teal “Set access criteria”.
- Select from three criteria options: “Allow by Radius” (to allow any verified user in that zone), “Allow by State” (to allow any verified user in that state/states), or “Ask to Join” (all users must request to join the room).
NOTE: Your IC Room is automatically private, inaccessible to parties outside of the access criteria; you will not need to turn on the “Private” setting toggle.
Making an existing room an IC Room
To make an existing team room an Incident Command room, see below:
- Go into the room settings menu.
- Find “Make Incident Command”; turn on the toggle.
- Set your access criteria.