Should a public information request be received or an investigation require it, executive members of your department can run comprehensive audits on any and all data quickly and easily and export them in a variety of formats. To perform an Audit, follow the steps below:
- In the desktop app, in your settings cog icon, tap ‘Audits’.
- At the top right, click ‘Run a New Audit’.
- Expand the ‘Date Range’ to your agency’s start date.
- Specify the Audit type. (All options, except Private, will notify the user and users they’ve messaged that an audit is being run. Private is typically for internal investigations.)
- Fill the red asterisk fields.
- For ‘Message Types’, switch the toggles “on” to include which category of messages you would like. Even to turn on the option to exclude. (Leave Room Messages blank to include all data shared in Rooms by user/users.)
- Click ‘Preview Audit’ .
- When you click ‘Preview Audit’ a pop-up in the platform will appear, and give a summary of how many of each category of messages will be included in the audit.
- Click ‘Run Audit’.
- The platform will re-direct to your Audit history dashboard, once the status says “complete”, you will be able to click the .zip file to download the transferable data. (You should not need to convert to another program document type; like Sheets or Excel.)